Special note. I love honesty and so I am letting you know that there are links in this blog from which I get a small commission. Do not worry, I will not recommend anything unless it will add value to you and yours and I feel the company has good intentions to make eco-wellness just a little bit easier for us all.
Despite the challenges we have all faced this year, the holiday season and Fall bring warmth and joy to my heart. I love to see the changing colors of the leaves and the sight of my Christmas tree. Yes, my tree is already up and ready! I must be honest though, one of my favorite things besides me setting up the Christmas tree early in anticipation is the variety of squash available during the holiday season. Acorn squash, winter squash, butternut squash…the list goes on and on and my smile gets bigger and brighter!
I share a recipe overview with squash previously but this one I had to share as well. It is so simple, anyone can make it. And with the use of clay crockpot, you just made dinner a whole lot easier and healthier!
Need a crockpot? Use the coupon HOLISTICLEEWELL and get 10% off your next purchase.
1) Preheat the oven to 380°F.
2) Slice the butternut squash in half. Take out the seeds. lightly glaze with Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil. Sprinkle Himalayan salt. Put in the oven to bake for 30-40 mins or until tender.
3) Add 1 cup of quinoa and 1 cup of water into the Clay crockpot on Rice setting for 30 minutes. Remove and set aside.
4) Add Butternut Squash into a blender with 1/2 cup of water, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, Himalayan salt, paprika, and oregano. Add 1/2 tablespoon of nutritional yeast and blend until smooth.
5) Mix all the ingredients in a bowl well and then serve.
That is it! It takes less than an hour and it is very simple.
For more simple recipes to nourish the body and mind, stay tuned and remember, it’s your meal; tailor it to your liking!
For more recipes, check out my site here.
Special thank you to Photo by Dan Dennis on Unsplash for the image